Skip to main content

Blogmas Day 27: Reflecting On This Past Year!


This year has definitely been an eye opener for me. So many things have happened in this world and I've learned so much about myself. I'm sure we can all agree that this year had a lot of ups and downs. I know for sure we had a big surprise, most wasn't expecting. But with that being said I can't believe it's almost a new year. I'm not a philosopher but I do like to share positivity to people. During negative times, it's important to have hope and positivity. I've learned a lot this year. When I graduated from high school, I thought I knew what I wanted in life. When I turned 21 I thought I knew myself, not realizing that I was just starting my journey of self discovery. Although I don't completely have it all together, I do however know what I want to do. When I would see someone who already knew what they wanted in life, I thought something was wrong with me. Why didn't I know, but I realized that I wasn't ready or prepared. But now I am and I'm ready to prove to myself that I can. Through darkness there is light and it you will find it. It may take longer than others but it's there.
 
Not only have I grown as a person, but I've grown as a blogger! In the past, I've always said how I want to blog consistently. But obviously it didn't happen that way. I know I've been consistent for a few months now, but I mean for the whole year. The time I spent uploading a post everyday made realize how much I love blogging. During my time blogging and with the breaks I've taken, I know for a fact that hard work pays off if you try. Whenever I felt discouraged from blogging I would stop for a period of time. Neglecting social media and only blogging from time to time. Now I will admit that for the first two years of blogging I had trouble with my computer and couldn't really do it consistently like I wanted to. But the other ones I don't have an excuse for it. I know everything is not perfect, there's no such thing. But if I didn't feel confident in what I was doing, how could I expect someone to read what I wrote. I have become a better writer though, so I'm happy about that. I don't compare my blog to others anymore, which would bother me in the past. Everyone and their blog is different. Just because someone is getting all of these comments and people are noticing them, doesn't mean it won't happen for you. Whenever I see a blogger reach a milestone and have other successes I get really excited for them. They work so hard and deserve it. That motivates me to work even harder. So I hope that we all have a good year and you know what, I believe we will too! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linea Elderflower & Lime Luxury Gift Set Giveaway!

To celebrate the New Year, I am partnering up with the home department of House of Fraser to run this competition/giveaway. They are offering readers the chance to win a Linea Elderflower & Lime Luxury Gift Set. This gift set is an energizing scented lime fragrance with sweet elderflower and linden blossom, complimented by woods and musk . The set includes a reed diffuser, a jar candle, a mini pillar candle and a mini room spray! Make sure to check this product out and more products for more information here: Linea Elderflower & Lime Luxury Gift Set . Linea Elderflower & Lime Luxury Gift Set Make sure you follow the rules:  Make sure you follow the rules down below in the Rafflecopter space as stated in order to win this competition. There will only be one winner. If you are the winner I will contact you via Twitter and/or Direct Message. You will have 24 hours to message me back.  T erms and Conditions: Unfortunately because of the ...

Finding My Passion For Blogging Again

  At some point in time, when your heart isn’t into something you should take a break. Blogging is great and I couldn’t see myself without it. However sometimes it can get overwhelming and that’s what happened to me this year. For about eight months I have not blogged and I thought I was a bad person for that. I have realized that it was best to take the long break. In doing so, I have found so many things I love to talk about. I was holding myself back because I put a label on myself, wanting to be known as a beauty blogger. Sure I attached the lifestyle part, but honestly I don’t really know what that means.  During this year I had time to reflect on where I wanted my blog to go and whether I even wanted to write anymore. Honestly the motivation to blog was not there at all and at that time, I really didn’t care if I continued. I did not want to look at my blog or deal with it. For me I was tired of putting in the work and not getting anything in return. Meaning no ...

Color Theory:8 Piece Ultimate Eyeliner Set

I love Eyeliner; eyeliner is my go to look. Anytime I had eyeliner my eyes would look like their dressed up! The only eyeliner I have ever wore up until this point was black; because that was the only color I thought was out (crazy of me right?!) Anyway lately I've seen many girls wear different color eyeliner, mainly on YouTube; so I knew immediately I would have to try it. After a while I forgot all about them, until Christmas of 2012 when I received them. I was so excited because my Mom didn't even know I wanted them; now that I am thinking I didn't even ask!  Now I can match up the colors with eyeshadow. Enough of that here's the box they came in and I have the colors listed below. On the back it just talks about the different styles you can do with the eyeliners. For example: The famous winged look (instructions for it are on the back).                                ...